All too often I speak to business owners who are only using social media platforms for marketing their goods and services and ignoring more traditional forms of marketing.
This is a big mistake! You should have a marketing plan and in that plan list all the activites you could do to capture new clients and raise awareness of your business.
Acitivites might include
- Networking– a great way to build your local contacts and raise awareness of what you do
- Support a local charity– think about what aligns with your business and target customer
- An event – invite exsisting customers and allow them to bring a guest and also other local companies or potential clients
- Local Radio– most are always looking for participants for their shows
- Business Exhibitions – a great way to meet lots of new contacts in a day and find new strategic alliances
- Business Awards– a great profile raiser and a way to really put you and your business on the map
- Live Video and You Tube – make sure you have some videos on You Tube and you can use live video on Facebook too
Social Media is just one type of marketing – so remember -do not put all your eggs in one basket!